It is a condition of membership that all Members of the Club comply with the House Rules. The House Rules have been drawn up by the Management Committee to ensure the proper and safe use of the Club facilities with a view to all Members being able to use the facilities without interfering with the enjoyment of others. All Members of the Club should familiarise themselves with the following House Rules.
The Kippie Lodge Sports and Country Club, hereafter referred to as the “Club”, encompasses the Main Lodge, Sports Complex, Tennis Courts, Crèche, 9-Hole Golf Course, Grounds, Car Parks and Golf Practice Area.
It is a condition of membership that all Members of the Club comply with the House Rules, which have been drawn up by the Management Committee to ensure the proper and safe use of the Club facilities with a view to all Members being able to use the facilities without interfering with the enjoyment of others.
Copies of the Constitution are available from the Sports Complex Reception or can be downloaded from the web site www.kippielodge.co.uk. All Members of the Club should familiarise themselves with the following House Rules: –
2. Membership CARD
In order to maintain the exclusive use of the Club’s facilities, all Members are required to bring their Membership card with them on each visit to the Club. This card registers your visit to the Club and provides a means of security. For health and safety reasons it is mandatory that members scan their card to gain access to the sports complex and cards must be available upon request in the Lodge. Failure to present the card may result in being denied access to the Club.
In the interest of security do not give your card to any other person, including members of your family. Please report loss or theft of your card in order that it can be de-activated.
3.1 In the Crathes Bar on a Friday or Saturday evening, after 6.00pm, Gentlemen must wear a collared shirt or polo shirt. The wearing of tracksuits and training shoes is not permitted.
3.2 Subordinate to rule 3.1 above casual wear is acceptable in the Crathes Bar and Conservatory but all Members, after using sports facilities, are required to shower and change before using these areas.
3.3 Appropriate clothing and footwear, tracksuits or sportswear, should be worn while participating in all sports activities.
3.4 In order to protect the floor surfaces and to ensure good hygiene practice, only non-marking, dedicated indoor sports shoes are to be worn in the squash courts, aerobic studio’s or gym.
To comply with Scottish Executive Legislation smoking (including the use of E-cigarettes) is not permitted in any of the Club’s buildings including the Greenhouse. The designated smoking area is located at the entrance to the patio.
All Members, including Junior and Student Members, may personally introduce guests to the Club but must accompany guests introduced by them during the period of their stay at the Club.
Members are responsible for the behaviour of their guests at all times.
- A maximum of 2 guests per member per day may use the Sports facilities.
- Junior and Student Members may introduce 1 guest a day.
- Guests are limited to 2 visits per month with maximum of 12 per annum.
- Members must sign in their guests on arrival and ensure that their guests accept the Rules of the Club.
- A guest charge will be made for guests using the Sports facilities, which must be paid prior to use of the facilities.
- In the interest of safety and the general amenity of the Club, Members bringing children must ensure that the children are well behaved and properly supervised at all times.
- Whilst using the Conservatory children must remain seated at the table at all times or be in the designated play area. Running around poses a risk of accidents involving hot food and drinks.
- Children under the age of 14 are not permitted in the Club Bar. Children between the ages of 14 and 18 may use the Club Bar facilities but must be accompanied by an adult member.
- Children under the age of 16 are not permitted in the Sports Complex before 9.00am and must be out of the Complex by 8.00pm.
- Children under the age of 14 may accompany adult members in the Conservatory after 8pm but must be supervised at all times.
Children under the age of 12: –
- may not pre-book squash or tennis courts or use the driving range unless accompanied by an Adult Member.
- are not permitted in the gym, sauna, steam room, Club Bar or Snooker Room.
Junior Membership (Between the ages of 12- 16)
Children of Members aged 12 and over may apply for Junior Membership.
Junior Membership permits:
- the use of the Sports Complex and Conservatory facilities without Member supervision;
- the booking of courts in advance for periods from 9.00am to 5.20pm;
- the introduction of 1 guest per visit at the nominal charge;
- access to the Club’s premises during normal opening hours (9am-8pm)
- booking golf tee times on weekdays prior to 5.00 pm.
N.B.: Children between the age of 12 and 16 and Junior Members are not permitted to:
- use the gym, unless attending supervised sessions and one to one with a parent/guardian, (restricted times) saunas or steam room (if under 16).
- use the Club Bar unless accompanied by an adult Member. (14-18yrs)
- use the Snooker Room without a playing adult Member’s supervision.(14-18yrs)
- use the Adult Changing Rooms (if under 16).
Student Membership (Between the ages of 17 and 22)
Children of Members aged 18 and over may apply for Student Membership. Student Membership permits:
- the use of the sports, outdoor and clubhouse facilities during normal opening hours without Member supervision;
- the booking of all facilities in advance
- the use of the gym, sauna and steam room;
- use of the Club Bar;( if 18+)
- the introduction of 1 guest for a nominal charge.
- Each Member and guest engaging in activities in the Club, or making use of the facilities, is responsible for ensuring that he or she is properly equipped and that his or her state of health and physical condition are such as not to involve any risk to himself or herself nor to any other person making use of the Club. Must complete a PARQ Form. (Physical Activity Readiness Questionnaire)
- The Club accepts no liability for accident, injury or misadventure to Members or their guests, unless caused by some breach of duty on the part of the Club or its employees. Members and guests are responsible for making their own insurance arrangements in respect of injuries suffered by them, or caused by them to any third party.
- The Club accepts no liability for accident or damage to any Member or their guest’s vehicles in the Club’s premises, including but not limited to the car park, roads and grounds.
- Lockers are provided in the changing rooms for use by Members and guests. The Club cannot accept responsibility for loss of or damage to property belonging to any Member or guest. The Club, in particular, accepts no responsibility for loss of or damage to any valuables while on the Club’s premises. This includes valuables left in unattended vehicles.
- Each Member is responsible for making their guests and dependents aware of the House Rules.
8. Hours Of Opening
Opening hours may be subject to alteration for reason of repairs or organised special events. The management will endeavour to keep Members notified in advance of any such restriction.
With the exception of assistance dogs, dogs are not permitted on the Club premises.
10. Lost Property
The Club will keep items of lost property for a two-week period. After this time they will be deemed to be abandoned and will be distributed to charitable organisations where appropriate.
11. Food and Drink
No member or guest may bring to the Club any food or drink or refreshments, alcoholic or otherwise, for consumption or disposal within the boundaries of the Club.
The privacy of Members must be respected at all times. No Member shall make any statement or announcement or issue any photograph whatsoever to the Press, Television, or any news media, concerning any aspect of the Club membership or activity nor, support or be party to any guest who may wish to do so. All Members’ details are strictly confidential and will not be given out to anyone, unless they are displayed with the Members consent on Club notice boards.
13. Mobile Phones
13.1 When using the Club’s facilities mobile phones must be used with discretion, it is preferred that they be set to ‘silent’ or ‘vibrate’. Should a call be received then the member should leave the Crathes Bar, Hair and Beauty suite and/or gym to take it.
13.2 The unauthorised taking of photographs or video recordings by a member or their guest may result in immediate expulsion from the Club and the termination of membership.
14. Swimming Pool
- Child Admission Policy – The purpose of this policy is to help safeguard the group of pool users who are potentially at the greatest risk in a swimming pool. It is not intended to stop Kippie Members from enjoying swimming.
- A responsible person, aged 16 years or more, should accompany all children under the age of 8 into the water.
- Where children can swim and do not require armbands the following applies: One Adult to 3 children aged 4-7 or One Adult to 2 children under 8, where one or both may be under the age of 4.
- The responsible person should remain in the water with their charges, maintain a vigilant watch and keep close contact.
- Children who cannot swim or stand up in the pool must wear BS EN or kite marked armbands and remain in the designated non-swimmers area.
- Children under 16 years of age are not permitted in the pool at the following times: 5.30am to 9.00 am and 7.30 pm to 10.00 pm.
- Only one lifeguard is on duty from 5.30 am to 6.15 am. Weekends from 7.00am -8.00am At this time members enter the pool at their own risk.
- In the interest of hygiene, it is mandatory that Members and their families and guests shower before and after using the swimming pool, the sauna and steam room.
- Non-swimmers should be accompanied in the pool at all times unless under instruction in an organised class. Non-swimmers must remain within their designated area.
- Members are requested not to use equipment such as flippers, snorkels, balls and lilos in the pool. No breakable items are allowed in the pool or changing room areas.
- For safety reasons the following actions are not allowed in the pool: standing on floats during splash time; forward or back flips; bombing, somersaults or pushing others into the pool; running on poolside; sitting or holding of the lane rope; handstands or acrobatics; the swimming lane is for serious swimmers only.
- Lifeguards will use their whistles as follows: 1 short blast – Calls for the attention of a pool user or users
2 short blasts – Calls for the attention of other lifeguards
3 short blasts – Indicates that a lifeguard is taking emergency action
1 long blast – Clear the pool.
- It is a Member’s responsibility to ensure that a child or children and/or guests left in the pool unaccompanied are competent swimmers and understand and comply with any directions given by the lifeguard.
- It is the responsibility of Members to ensure the correct conduct of their children and guests in the shower and changing rooms.
- All members and guests swimming must wear suitable attire, which does not cause embarrassment to other users of the facility.
- Members must not walk on poolside without the permission of the lifeguard who will supply shoe covers.
15. Squash and Tennis Courts
- Non-marking footwear and sports attire is to be worn on the squash courts and tennis courts.
- Non-marking squash balls are to be used on the squash courts.
- When changing over squash courts, Members must knock on the relevant door and not enter until it is safe to do so.
- Both Squash Courts may be booked 7 days in advance. Tennis Courts may be booked 7 days in advance. Booking sheets open at 7.15am
- Members must cancel courts a minimum of one hour in advance. If a Member is more than 10 minutes late for a court, it may be forfeited.
- Members are requested to switch off lights and fans when leaving the squash courts.
16. The Gym
- Appropriate clothing and indoor footwear must be worn in the Gym.
- No person under the age of 16 may enter the Gym unless attending a supervised sessions or one to one with a parent/guardian.
- Spectators are not allowed in the Gym.
- Members must wipe down equipment after use with the paper towels and cleaning agent provided.
- All new gym users must complete an induction and PARQ Form (Physical Activity Readiness Questionnaire) to comply with Health and Safety requirements.
- Mobile phones should be placed on ‘silent’ or ‘vibrate’ when using the gym. Should a call be received then the member should leave the gym to take it.
- All bags must be left in the changing room.
17. Fitness Studio
- Non-marking footwear must be worn.
- In order to preserve the floor and to maintain a hygienic environment no footwear worn outside may be worn in the Studio.
18. Golf Driving Range
1. Buckets of balls are available from the machine outside the Sports Complex. Reception will provide a Contact less card free of charge.
2. Members are required to hit balls from the tee mats in the covered bays ONLY.
3. No shoes with spikes are permitted when using the tee mats.
4. Drivers may be used in the covered bays.
5. Children under the age of 12 are prohibited from using or being on the driving range unless accompanied by an adult member, or with the consent of the Golf Professional or with a current handicap certificate or competency certificate, which must be shown each time. Junior members may use the range unaccompanied.
6. The tee mats are not to be moved in any way.
7. Members are requested to respect the safety line in each bay.
8. All Members using the driving Range must conduct themselves in a manner that affords full amenity to other golfers. In particular noise levels should be kept to a minimum.
9. No persons may enter the driving range to collect balls.
19. Golf Course
The KIPPIE LODGE HOUSE RULES shall apply – the following rules, which are subordinate to the House Rules, are specific to the Golf course and Practice Area (consisting of the Driving Range and the Practice Green/Chipping/Bunker area).
1. The Management Committee will appoint a subcommittee to manage the golf course and make recommendations pertaining to the use of the facility.
2. The subcommittee will consist of at least one representative of the Management Committee, at least one ordinary member, the professional and the green keeper. The total number of this subcommittee will not exceed six persons at any one time. The chairperson will be a member of the Management Committee (who may delegate the chair to another subcommittee member in their absence) and will report in writing to the Management Committee on issues pertaining to the Golf Course and Practice Areas.
3. For access to the Course all players must register at reception at the Sports Complex Reception prior to accessing the course. Members and their guests must park in the club car park. No parking on adjoining roads is permitted.
4. Children of Members will be allowed to play only in the company of an adult unless they have a current handicap or competency certificate.
5. Tee reservations can be made by telephone up to 7 days in advance.
6. Players will at all times take into consideration the safety of other players and members of the public on or off the course. Players will be aware of notices on the course pertaining to safe play.
7. Practice on the course is prohibited. Adequate facilities for practice are available on the Driving Range for woods and longer irons and on the Practice Putting Green and Chipping Area for short game practice.
8. Dress on the course shall be smart and appropriate for the game of golf. Golf shoes are considered mandatory for safety reasons – as a dispensation, Children/Juniors will be allowed to wear alternative suitable sports footwear.
9. Guests of Members may play on the course only twice in any calendar month. Members are responsible for their guests during the time spent at the Club.
10. Members must ensure their guests are aware of the Club’s House and Golf Course Rules and etiquette.
11. Non-Members are required to pay guests fees prior to play.
12. Visitors must have their normal place of residence out with a 25-mile radius of the club.
13. The professional will be the judge of competency. In the absence of the professional, a member of management staff will decide. Coaching up to an acceptable level of competency and beyond is available from the Professional and Members are encouraged to utilize this facility. Children below the age of 18 are encouraged to join the junior golf association in order to obtain and maintain a current handicap. This does not incur a charge.
14. Golf footwear is not allowed in the Sports Complex or the Lodge. Golf bags and trolleys are not permitted in the Sports Complex including the changing rooms or the Lodge due to lack of space.
15. Each player must play with an individual set of golf clubs.
16. No more than four persons may play in any one group of players.
17. Slow players MUST allow faster groups to play through.
18. Members failing to register with reception before playing WILL be reported to the Management Committee.
19. Players must replace all divots, repair pitch marks and rake bunkers.
20. Players must take note of Local rules on the back of the score card and as displayed at the 1st tee and abide by them.
20. Snooker Table
1. The snooker table may be booked 7 days in advance.
2. Consecutive bookings are not permitted.
3. Drinking is not permitted on, over or near the table.
4. The consumption of food is not permitted in the snooker room.
5. Coins must not be thrown on the table.
6. Children under the age of 14 may not play snooker. Children over the age of 14 and Junior Members must be accompanied in the Snooker Room by a playing adult Member.
7. Student Members may play snooker.
1. The Club does not extend credit facilities to Members. Failure to promptly settle all liabilities may result in an administration charge being levied.
2. As well as observing the above House Rules, Members and their guests should comply with directions given by the Club management and staff responsible for supervising facilities.
3. Any complaints about service from the Club or the actions of other members or their guests should be made immediately either on the comment sheets provided in the Lodge, Sports Complex and the Crèche or to the Duty Manager, or in writing to the Club Director or Secretary of the Management Committee.
4. No Member shall personally reprimand a Club employee.
5. The Management Committee may at any time amend, suspend or alter the House Rules at its unfettered discretion.
6. Club Members will receive a copy of the House Rules upon admittance to the Club and thereafter shall be deemed to have read and accepted the Rules. The current version of the House Rules is available on the Kippie web-site. (www.kippielodge.co.uk).
7. Hair, Beauty and complementary therapy facilities may be used by non-members of the Club at the discretion of the Club Management.